Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Little Update...

...since all I've been posting are songs and poems.
Well, I have another job now, working at a flooring supply company, which is very labour intensive, but good.
Today, I have an interview with a school counselor, to discuss my options for going back to school. I hope that I can be able to, at the very least, find out what would suit me best, and go from there.
Lot's of travel plans this summer, mainly involving Vancouver, but an Island trip in there too.

If you have some time on your hands, and especially for you Christine, watch this movie.

Anyway, I'll post more about my travels and exploits, as the summer unfolds.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christine Hart said...

I think I'll have to watch that movie, particularly because of the irony that my friend here in Victoria - Dani - recommended it at lunch the other day. And be sure to drop a line if you're here during the summer!

In the meantime, I can recommend the Myers Briggs profiler at Connections. Ask for Christy Bazell or Michael Lane. They have other aptitude and interest assessments for free that can't be accessed without their IDs and passwords. Worth a visit if you have time :)

7:46 PM  
Blogger Christine Hart said...

I watched Zeitgeist today. As powerful and compelling as I found the arguments within it to be, I also felt the dramatic let down of having absolutely no idea how to affect meaningful change against dominating forces within my life and my world. Like many other films like it, I asked the rolling credits, "and now what do I do?" I damn sure won’t be letting anyone put a chip in my arm, for starters.

I also thought of a couple of books you might like, if you haven't already come across them. Of course, Naomi Klein's Shock Doctrine. But also John Shirley's War Lord. The latter, despite being mass-market fiction, examines the roots of war and religion’s relationship to it, although I wouldn’t say it achieves any significant political commentary. Still worth a read, I think.

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home